Keratin is composed of a family of proteins that is responsible in making the tresses strong and healthy. Due to the relatively-high amount of keratin found in the hair, the hair is considered one of the strongest parts of the body. However, because of the many elements the hair encounters everyday, most of which are harmful and unsafe, the hair loses the amount of keratin it contains. Not to mention that as one ages, the amount of keratin in the hair decreases. Consequently, this makes the hair brittle, easily-damaged, dry, and dull.
Being one’s crowning glory, the hair must always be in good condition. It must live up to its title, which means that it must always be soft, manageable, glossy and smooth. But hair problems, such as frizz, waves, dullness, and dryness are inevitable. Fortunately, hair problems can be addressed using the latest hair products such as the keratin treatment. This treatment involves infusing the hair shaft with keratin, resulting to a stronger, shinier, and healthier hair. The treatment eliminates frizz and manages waves, making it look straighter and longer. This type of treatment is definitely the solution to problems encountered by the hair every day.
There are many benefits of keratin treatment, some of which are the following:
• Applying hair products that have keratin increases the level of protein in the hair
• The added amount of keratin in the hair makes the tresses healthier, shinier, and more manageable
• There is no need to use a hair straightening iron because the hair becomes straight and manageable after the keratin treatment
• The treatment usually lasts for about five months, and if the hair is properly maintained, the effect of keratin may last even longer
• The use of keratin also seals-in the color of the hair, which means it makes color-treated hair lasts longer
• The cost of this kind of treatment may be costly, but the result it brings is definitely worth it
The treatment is not a DIY procedure, and therefore, needs a professional to carry it out. Being a major hair treatment, keratin services are now being offered in almost all salons and finding one will never be difficult. Since not all keratin services are created equal, the cost of this kind of treatment varies from one salon to the other. The condition and length of the hair, the brand of keratin solution, and the time spent in completing the procedure are major contributors in the cost of keratin treatment.